September 13, 2009

Topic of Discussion: Anything


Topic of Discussion: Anything

We’d often sit together topic of discussion:
Anything.
Anything would equal endless amount of time.
The time? 4:00 in the morning and you’d drive home.
“I’m home safe, sleep well”. I would always be reassured.

Sometimes, though not often, we wouldn’t be so happy
I was mad at you for this
Or that.
That wasn’t the best time and I still feel sad for it was wasted

Often enough you’d hold my hand
But I’d want you to keep holding
Holding on to distant memories
“I still hope” a whisper you’d say
Memories are often like a dream

Were you a dream? Was I just sleeping
I sleep alone and you’re so far
I don’t know to “sleep well”
I don’t know if you’re always okay

So now I wait
Waiting and waiting the time soon comes again
Again we’ll be able to talk
Will it be as often? More often?
Will you tell me “I’m home safe, sleep well”?
Will I wake up in the morning knowing
I’ll see you soon?

MJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that so amazing you just summed up everything i have been feeling today like blessed yet worried cus you dnt want it to end awwh i loved it!!! its raw and pure! amazing! lol
XOXO Lyndee

obsessionperfection said...

this is really really cute.

and so uninhibited!!